Counter Terror Expo US Inaugural Event a Success;
Two Day Conference & Expo Drew High Caliber Attendees
Session on the Iranian-Hezbollah threat garnered most attention; Exhibition attracted top decision makers among counterterrorism community
ARLINGTON, VA – May 23, 2012 – Counter Terror Expo US, the conference and expo serving our nation’s complete counter-terror community, was held last week in Washington, DC. The inaugural event featured an outstanding educational program including more than 60 speakers, 23 sessions, and four keynote sessions featuring industry-renowned speakers complemented by an exhibition of nearly 100 exhibiting companies.
“Initial feedback on the conference content and extremely high caliber of speakers as well as breadth of exhibitors and quality of attendance has been very encouraging. We are very pleased with this inaugural event and are looking forward to next year’s event in September,” said Wayne Crawford, vice president, North America, Clarion Events.
Relevant and Timely Programming
The event closely tracked attendance and interest in all of its conference sessions. Of the 23 topics presented, there were four that stood out as the most interesting and impactful to the community:
· The Iranian-Hezbollah Threat
- Amb. Roger Noriega , Former Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs; Visiting Fellow, AEI
- Clare Lopez, Senior Fellow, Center for Security Policy and the Clarion Fund
- Kelley Vlahos, Author and Washington Correspondent, Homeland Security Today
· Extremism, Foreign and Domestic
- Brian Michael Jenkins, Senior Adviser to the RAND President, Rand Corporation
- Ken Ballen, President, Terror Free Tomorrow, Author of Terrorists in Love
- Peter S. Probst, Formerly Central Intelligence Agency and the Office of the Secretary of Defense; Senior Partner, National Security Associates WorldWide
- Georgia P. Holmer, Former FBI analyst; Acting Director, Forum Foundation for Analytic Excellence
· Event Security
- James M. Cawley , Senior Vice President, Security, National Basketball Association
- Daniel Mullin, Senior Vice President, Department of Investigations, Major League Baseball
- Fred Gardy, Adjunct Instructor, National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security and the Incident Management Training Program for the Emergency Services Training Institute, Texas A&M University System
· Counterterrorism, Homeland Security and Budgets in the Next Administration
- Michael Paddock, Founder & CEO, Grants Columnist, Grants Office, Homeland Security Today
- Justin Taft, President & CEO , The Soter Group
The nearly 100 exhibiting companies represented a cross-section of the counterterrorism community, from night vision equipment, to perimeter security and intrusion detection, to robotics and unmanned systems, to professional services and systems integration. Representatives from the Counter Terror Expo US team spoke to exhibitors during the event, here is what they had to say:
“The first day was fantastic—lots of contacts. We met the types of people we wanted to—military and government agency. We were busy all day long,” - Qual-Tron, Inc., offers a full range of Unattended Ground Sensors (UGS) and Intrusion Detection Systems which are battery operated systems and provide instantaneous alarms of detected foot and vehicle activity.
“We saw and were looking for law enforcement, Department of Justice, integrators. We have unique products that fit into paramilitary and military tactical as well as fire departments, courts, law enforcement. We got really good leads - we’ll come back next year,” - General Dynamics C4 Systems, a leading integrator of network-centric command, control, communication and computing solutions from space to ground.
Visit Counter Terror Expo US Newsroom for conference and exhibitor news announcements.
Counter Terror Expo 2013 is schedule for September 2013 in Washington, DC.
Counter Terror Expo US is organized by Clarion Events, one of the world’s largest independent event organizers.
About Counter Terror Expo US:
Counter Terror Expo is a unique expo and conference designed specifically to address the issues facing all of the disparate groups responsible for countering terrorism in the United States: the DoD, DHS, police, government and state agencies, along with those responsible for securing the nation’s vital infrastructure in both the private and public sectors. Counter Terror Expo US is based on the highly successful and award-winning Counter Terror Expo staged annually in London.